TeeBall Parent Guide Blog

The Tee Ball Parent Blog features daily posts and updates that provide tball parents with free teeball articles, tee ball drills, and t-ball coaching tips. Our daily posts and archives include hundreds of interesting and informative teeball coaching blogs. Make sure to bookmark or save this site to your favorites so that you can visit us often to gain valuable insight and tips for helping your teeball player learn the game of baseball and improve his skills.

Monday, July 12, 2010

When it Comes to Your Son's Baseball Mitt - Dad, Don't Go Cheap - Follow This Dad's Advice

When it Comes to Your Son's Baseball Glove - Dad, Don't Go Cheap - Follow This Dad's Advice to Find the Perfect Glove
By Guest Author Mike Ripley

Through the years I have learned about baseball mitts. I know that a youth baseball glove is great for little league, but as your teenager grows, the youth baseball glove just don't cut it. I also know that buying cheap base ball gloves only costs you more money in the long run. I bought a couple cheap baseball gloves when my son was starting out and I only had to go back and get a youth baseball glove that was high quality. I learned my lesson right in the beginning. So always remember: no cheap baseball gloves

My son makes fun of me all the time. He thinks the fact that I say baseball mitts is the funniest thing. I sometimes think he looks forward to baseball season just so he can laugh at me. Of course, he gets very serious when it comes time to purchase a new baseball mitt. You would think he wouldn't need so many baseball mitts, but he is growing really fast and the baseball mitt from last year just doesn't fit the next year.

But back to baseball mitts in general. You need to select a baseball mitt that fits properly. You also need to pick your position and look for baseball mitts that fit that category. There is the catcher's mitt and the first baseman's mitt. I always point out to my son that these are actual baseball mitts. Ha, Ha I say. There are also pitcher's glove, other infielder's gloves, out fielder's gloves, and the unusual switch thrower's glove. Once you decide on these two things, then the sky's the limit.

Now there are many brands of baseball mitts out there. I will tell you about the three that my son and I have come to love. We go back to the Wilson a2000 glove, the Nokona glove, and Rawlings gloves over and over. Wilson is a big sports equipment manufacturer based in Chicago. They make equipment for all sorts of sports, but baseball is one of the biggest. Wilson makes gloves for all positions and has three top models. My son tried the Wilson a2000 glove early on in his baseball career. He liked the fit of the Wilson a2000 glove from the minute he tried one on. I liked the Wilson a2000 glove also, but that's because it was a great price.

Next we move on to the Nokona glove. Nokona has been making gloves in Texas since 1934. They know there stuff. They started making baseball gloves to help with costs during the Great Depression. I'm a history buff, so the Nokona glove has a special appeal to me. My son could care less about all that. He likes the Nokona glove because it fits perfectly. He also likes the Nokona glove because while he uses it he plays awesome.

Even though he has his trusty Nokona glove, we have purchased some Rawlings gloves to have as backup. He decided that the Rawlings gloves had a lot to offer. They are after all the official glove supplier of Major League Baseball. If it wasn't for the Nokona glove, the Rawlings gloves would be his favorite.

If you have a child just starting out in baseball, look into the Wilson a2000 glove. Hopefully using this glove in the beginning will lead to a long love of baseball.

Quality baseball mitts and equipment

http://baseballmitts.org

http://nokonaglove.net

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Mike_Ripley

==========================================================

Thanks to our sponsors:

BattingCagesDirect.com
XtenderbattingCages.com
HurricaneMachine.com
QuickSwingTrainer.com
AdvancedSkillsTee.com

Suggested Links:

Blog4Coaches.com
WildSportsVideos.com
BaseballCoachingDigest.com
YouthBaseballDigest.com
LittleLeagueDigest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Baseball Friend,
I welcome any comments or suggestions. If you have a question or a topic that you would like to read about, please leave a comment and I will try to address that topic as soon as I can. Good luck in the coming season!
Have a great day, Nick